The Grosse Pointe Academy’s Montessori Early School program builds the foundation for an advanced understanding of language, mathematics, reasoning, and critical thinking at a young age. As the longest-running Montessori program in Michigan, our instructors cultivate a powerful desire to learn that fosters creativity, independence, and perseverance in every student.
Within the Academy’s Early School, children begin their education journey guided by eight essential Montessori principles:
- Movement enhances thinking and learning
- Children thrive when they have choice and control
- Children learn better when they’re interested in what they are learning
- Tying rewards to learning negatively impacts motivation over time
- Children should learn with and from each other
- Children learn better by doing, rather than via instruction alone
- Teachers set boundaries, but allow freedom within those boundaries
- An orderly environment is beneficial to children
Our Early School students graduate with an uncommon cognitive and emotional foundation that provides an unprecedented long-term academic and social advantage as they continue their education.
Early School Enrollment Options
- Three Day Program (MWF mornings – ages 2.5 – 3)
- Three Day Plus Three Program (MWF mornings & afternoons – ages 2.5 – 3)
- Half Day Program (M-F mornings – ages 2.5 – 4)
- Half Day Plus Two Program (M-F mornings & T/Th afternoons – ages 2.5 – 4)
- Half Day Plus Three Program (M-F mornings & MWF afternoons – ages 2.5 – 4)
- Full Day (M-F mornings and afternoons – ages 2.5 – 4)
- Young 5s (M-F mornings and afternoons – 5-year-olds)
- Kindergarten (M-F mornings and afternoons – 5-year-olds)
Before and After Care programs are available. Before Care begins at 7:30 a.m. and After Care runs until 5:00 p.m.