The Grosse Pointe Academy’s Montessori Early School program builds the foundation for an advanced understanding of language, mathematics, reasoning, and critical thinking at a young age. As the longest-running Montessori program in Michigan, our instructors cultivate a powerful desire to learn that fosters creativity, independence, and perseverance in every student.
Within the Academy’s Early School, children begin their education journey guided by eight essential Montessori principles:
- Movement enhances thinking and learning
- Children thrive when they have choice and control
- Children learn better when they’re interested in what they are learning
- Tying rewards to learning negatively impacts motivation over time
- Children should learn with and from each other
- Children learn better by doing, rather than via instruction alone
- Teachers set boundaries, but allow freedom within those boundaries
- An orderly environment is beneficial to children
Our Early School students graduate with an uncommon cognitive and emotional foundation that provides an unprecedented long-term academic and social advantage as they continue their education.
Early School Enrollment Options
Three Day (MWF, mornings – ages 2 ½-3)
All Week Half Day (M-F, mornings – ages 2 ½-5)
Three Day, Full Day (MWF, mornings and afternoons – ages 2 ½-3)
Three Day, Half Day (M-F mornings, and MWF afternoons – ages 2 ½-5)
Five Day, Full Day (M-F, mornings and afternoons ages 2 ½-5)
Kindergarten (M-F, mornings and afternoons – age 5+)
Before and After Care programs are available. Before Care begins at 7:30 a.m. and After Care runs until 5:00 p.m.