Library and media resources at The Grosse Pointe Academy encourage a lifelong love of reading and learning. The additional technology facet supports and enriches the core curriculum with 21st-Century literacy skills, alongside discipline, ethics, and an intrinsic responsibility toward the greater good of the community.
The primary goals of the Library Media Services program is to develop students’ capacity to:
- Create and innovate
- Communicate and collaborate
- Research, evaluate, and use information skillfully
- Think critically, problem solve, and make sound decisions
- Participate as responsible and empathetic digital citizens
- Demonstrate an understanding of technological concepts, systems, and operations
- Nurture a love of the aesthetics of traditional books and the library as a place to build scholarly community
- Develop balanced habits and boundaries with regard to time spent using technology and being present in the here and now
To explore the library’s catalog, please click here.