An Academy Education
The Grosse Pointe Academy is an inclusive institution that welcomes children regardless of economic status and provides payment plans, need-based financial aid, and a limited number of merit scholarships to help make an Academy education accessible for every child.
As an independent school, The Grosse Pointe Academy is reliant on tuition and fundraising to attract the nation’s best teachers and administrators, provide extracurricular activities, furnish classroom materials and maintain our historic campus.
We believe the Academy experience can be measured by the incredible future success and accomplishments of our graduates in high school, college and beyond. An investment in a Grosse Pointe Academy education provides a tangible advantage that lasts a lifetime.
- Three Day Program (MWF mornings – ages 2.5 – 3) – $8,700
- Three Day Plus Three Program (MWF mornings & afternoons – ages 2.5 – 3) – $12,700
- Half Day Program (M-F mornings – ages 2.5 – 4) – $10,600
- Half Day Plus Two Program (M-F mornings & T/Th afternoons – ages 2.5 – 4) – $12,900
- Half Day Plus Three Program (M-F mornings & MWF afternoons – ages 2.5 – 4) – $14,000
- Full Day (M-F mornings and afternoons – ages 2.5 – 4) – $15,500
- Young 5s (M-F mornings and afternoons – 5-year-olds) – $16,500
- Kindergarten (M-F mornings and afternoons – 5-year -olds) – $17,300
- Grades 1-3 – $20,800*
- Grades 4-6 – $22,400*
- Grades 7-8 – $24,000*
- Technology Infrastructure Fee – Grades 1-3 – $300/ Grades 4-8 – $500
- Parents’ Coordinating Council (per child) – $40
*Includes PlumSmart by Plum Market lunch, books, and after-school intramural sports and athletics for students in Grades 1-8. Costs for overnight class trips (Grades 4 – 8) are not included.
Before Care and After Care Options
- Before Care – starts at 7:30 am – per morning rates are $10/child prepaid and $15/child drop-in
- After Care – runs from dismissal to 6:00 pm – per afternoon rates are $25/child prepaid and $35/child drop-in. There is a $1.00/minute fee for late pick-ups.
For more information about Before and After Care, please visit our FAQs.
Affording the Academy
The Grosse Pointe Academy offers a 5% tuition discount for the second and any subsequent child enrolled after the first and oldest child is enrolled at full tuition. Early School students are not eligible for the multiple student discount.
Once enrolled, students at The Grosse Pointe Academy are not required to re-apply for admission, but are required to complete re-enrollment each year.